Atelier Ten are working with Fife College and the design team to develop an innovative, integrated, and collaborative new campus. A community based, shared and highly accessible resource that will provide learners of all ages with access to the best quality facilities and equipment.
The state-of-the-art campus will include:
• Industry-standard workshops for engineering and construction
• Centres of excellence for engineering
• A University Hub, allowing learners to study to degree level with a range of university partners
• Conference facilities, enabling us to engage with local businesses and provide catered conferencing events
• Innovation and events hub, to cater for college and community events
• Multi-court sports pavilion, allowing us to expand our provision in sport and wellbeing
• Year-round outdoor learning spaces
The design is class leading with regards to its operational energy performance, and is being used as a Pathfinder project. The new College is taking a fabric first approach and adopting an all electric solution for the building services with ASHP technology providing low carbon heating and hot water, and mixed mode ventilation used throughout to maintain good air quality and limit mechanical cooling.