Billboard post image
Billboard post image

Hotel Indigo Durham

with Howarth Litchfield Partnership

Hotel Indigo is the refurbishment of the former Old Shire Hall in Old Elvet, in Durham’s historic town centre. The existing building, the former Durham County Court was completed in 1896 and subsequently used as the University of Durham’s headquarters until 2012.

The building has significant heritage value and holds a Grade 2 listing with the ground floor of principal architectural significance.

Atelier Ten are involved in the ambitious refurbishment of the existing building into a luxury hotel, function and dining facility. Our principal roles include new utility connections and the sensitive installation and routing of new main plant and services throughout the space in accordance with the hotel group’s brand standards.