Atelier Ten is looking for a full-time Senior Environmental Designer to join our Bangkok office. We’re an international environmental design consultancy creating high-performance, sustainable, award-winning buildings. Buildings that give back to the wider environment, don’t waste resources and make people feel good. You’ll work on the creation of highly innovative and sustainable solutions involving a mix of technologies. We encourage the design of highly innovative and sustainable solutions that incorporate a mix of technologies.
About the role
Our Bangkok office is looking to recruit a full-time Senior Environmental Designer to consult and manage projects under the direction of Director. As a Project Manager, you will be accountable for successful project delivery including but not limited to independent, proactive project planning/framing; client management and communication; client presentations and meetings; technical report writing and review; delivering certification for benchmarking systems, i.e., LEED, SITES, WELL, and TREES; fee forecasting and resource planning; and, effective internal team coordination and management.
Senior Environmental Designers are also responsible for authoring project deliverables such as reports, memos, technical studies, graphic illustrations and drawings on topics including daylighting, energy and water use, resiliency, carbon reduction, sustainable/healthy materials, and more. As such, excellent written and verbal communication is imperative.
We seek someone who can think beyond their own discipline and is willing to contribute to collaborative problem solving in a multi-disciplinary environment. You must be proactive and self-motivated with an appreciation and willingness to learn on multiple projects.
Qualified candidates ideally possess
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in a field related to environmental building design, architecture, architectural engineering, and/or building science. Candidates who studied abroad would be a plus
- 3+ years’ professional experience in a sustainability consulting firm
- Demonstration in project management skill set and working in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Word
- Experience with AutoCAD, Rhino or graphics software (Adobe Illustrator and InDesign) a plus
- Effective time and budget management capability
- Strong technical and business writing skills
- Good verbal and inter-personal ability
- Preference will be given to candidates who are LEED AP and/or WELL AP
- Preferred Thai Nationality or the candidate has a work permit to work in Thailand
The atmosphere in the office is friendly and collegiate, and while we seek someone who can think independently the ability to work within a team environment is paramount. Please send a CV, covering letter and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “BKK Senior Environmental Designer” in your subject line. No phone calls, please.