Atelier Ten is looking for a full-time Design Staff person to join our Bangkok office. We’re an international environmental design consultancy creating high-performance, sustainable, award-winning buildings. Our projects give back to the wider environment, don’t waste resources and make people feel good.
As a Design Staff member you will work within your project team at Atelier Ten to analyse design options and make recommendations on daylighting, energy systems, water use, thermal comfort, occupant health, sustainable materials, and more. You’ll also work on LEED, WELL, and TREES program administration, which includes analysing feasibility of specific credits as well as managing the overall documentation process.
Design Staff at Atelier Ten are key members of interdisciplinary consulting teams working on exciting and innovative projects. These projects range from mixed use developments, schools, offices, retails, and masterplans. You will work directly with clients, architects, engineers, and other consultants to provide analyses and recommendations that drive design decisions, enabling projects to meet challenging sustainability goals.
We’re looking for someone who is proactive, self-motivated with an appreciation and willingness to learn on multiple projects. In return for your enthusiasm and commitment, we offer exciting project works, broad industry experience, opportunities for career growth and involvement in the design process, and a flexible work environment. Perhaps most importantly, you’ll get the freedom to contribute ideas and play an active part in the design process. You’ll get to make a genuine personal difference, in a way that’s not always possible in a bigger corporate environment.
Qualified candidates ideally possess:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in a field related to environmental building design, architecture, architectural engineering, and/ or building science
- 0-4 years’ professional experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator and InDesign), and Rhino
- In addition, skills in software such as “R,” Grasshopper, Radiance, Revit, eQuest, EnergyPlus, IES, D3, or data visualization would be desirable
- Demonstrated skills in computer and hand drafting, and sketching proficiency in written and spoken English, and good verbal, inter-personal and writing skills
- Experience with LEED or sustainable design is a plus
The atmosphere in the office is friendly and collegiate, and while we seek someone who can think independently the ability to work within a team environment is paramount. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume in .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “BKK Design Staff” in your subject line. No phone calls, please.