About Atelier Ten
We are an acclaimed, innovative multidisciplinary firm of environmental design and sustainability consultants focused on delivering high-quality, award-winning sustainable design and low carbon solutions within the built environment sector.
Atelier Ten has a history of innovation. Founded in 1990, we are not afraid to challenge conventional thinking. Our environmental ethos is not an additive one; rather we strive to make buildings do more with less by working from basic principles and employing rigorous analysis. Our success is built on the expert delivery of innovative and sustainable engineering solutions.
We have established, and continue to maintain, efficient and effective business knowledge and quality management systems in order to provide our clients – in both the private and public sector – with first-class services covering the full range of design, construction, building services, engineering and maintenance disciplines, and by providing first-class project development and management services including an award-winning design solutions consultancy service.
Atelier Ten joined the Surbana Jurong Group in late 2020.
About the role
We are searching for dynamic and ambitious Associate level talent to support Atelier Ten’s continued success and future growth in Singapore and APAC.
As a member of the senior management team, you will be responsible for managing and developing a project team within Atelier Ten. This role supports the Technical Directors in understanding current and likely future resource requirements on ‘live’ projects and planning for the future project pipeline. In supporting the allocation and management of resources across projects, you will also be responsible for overseeing and managing the team’s profitability and technical capabilities, alongside identifying and reporting any technical and financial shortfalls. As a team leader, you will be responsible for managing the design and delivery of projects within the team, maintaining a range of projects and providing specialist knowledge to other projects/teams.
Using industry benchmarks and internal standards, you will ensure not only the timely delivery of considered and accurate project information but act as a senior point of contact between Atelier Ten and its clients & collaborators. You will also be expected to identify business development opportunities, secure new business and support the overall marketing effort. You will be responsible for upholding the integrity of ISO 9001, leading, developing and co-ordinating the internal efforts of team members and junior staff across Atelier Ten on their specific projects, identifying and providing training & support where needed, and guidance on frameworks & tools, agreeing appropriate standards and co-ordinating delivery against these standards. You will conduct regular meetings with the team to discuss staff matters, technical issues, delivery and issues arising from the team’s interaction with external parties together with encouraging knowledge share across the business.
- Support the allocation and management of project resources
- Understand current project resource requirements
- Work with Technical Directors to identify future resource requirements and any recruitment needs
- Work with the QEMS Leader on upholding and refining quality management systems
- Work with Human Resources on training needs
- Oversee management of overall team profitability and technical capabilities
- Maintain consistency of project management across all projects in the team
- Conduct regular team meetings creating a platform for team members to raise issues and share knowledge
- Be committed to Climate Positive outcomes across all design disciplines
- Demonstrate specialist knowledge in a discipline of engineering relevant to sustainability and Climate Positive solutions
- Demonstrate an empathy with Atelier Ten’s ethos and innovative approach
- Be committed to the development of high-quality, high-performance and sustainable buildings via the appropriate technical standards, costs and programme
- Deliver technical design solutions in accordance with client brief
- As an experienced engineer take the lead for coordination between the disciplines within the office and to external consultants
- To advise and ensure graduate engineers are given proper development goals and mentoring together with training and development plans
- Be committed to upholding the integrity of project management within Atelier Ten
- Liaise with client, architect and other members of the design team without day-to-day Director or Technical Director level support
- Confidently represent all disciplines
- Organise team, disseminate information and clearly explain technical requirements, deliverables and programme
- Be able to delegate and maintain control of project timelines and budgets
- Manage professional relationships with clients, peers, team and administration staff
- Financially aware of project costs and programme of projects in the team, the need for additional services and financial control
- Be able to provide update and current status of projects at any point in time clearly, concisely and accurately to Directors and Technical Directors
- Manage any feedback or issues concerning a project and escalate as necessary
- Be able to develop a thorough knowledge of our fee agreements and the contractual status and relationships on the project
- Be able to prepare fee arrangements for projects
- Be able to recruit staff to resource projects as necessary in line with project budgets
- Manage the project managers in the team
- Manage the finances in the team, including fees, invoicing, debtors, resource costs, updating finance & resource projections regularly and report to Directors and Technical Directors
- Programme the work in the team; forecasting resource, identifying the requirement for external contractor support and liaising with other specialist input teams within the organisation to ensure profitable and timely delivery of projects
- Appreciate the need and assist in business development efforts
- Foster relationships with potential clients, fellow professionals and industry associations
- Maintain market intelligence and pipeline opportunities; and generate leads
- Support Directors and Associate Directors in following leads; be available to prepare submissions, make presentations, entertaining and preparing marketing material
- Secure external speaking / lecturing opportunities
What we offer
In return for your enthusiasm and commitment, we offer:
- A competitive salary and benefits
- Exciting and varied day to day work as part of a team
- A flexible work environment
- Excellent opportunities for career growth across our global network
- Extensive training opportunities
Who are you?
- Proven track record of successfully leading, co-ordinating and delivering projects within the public and private sector
- Proven track record of engaging and negotiating with senior management and peers on projects
- Strong contractual knowledge
- Proven track record of engaging with and influencing peers outside of formal management relationships
- Proven track record of a commitment to and effective implementation of consistent standards and metrics
- Demonstrable experience of team management coupled with an understanding of personnel issues, training, finances and development programmes
- Understand the need for personal commitment to the business
- Self-motivated and flexible to the needs of the business
- Natural leader but can operate as part of a team
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to prioritise and to think strategically about the timing and way of delivering project information
- Articulate with strong presentation skills both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective IT skills
- Business and commercial acumen
- Relevant professional qualifications
Please send a cover letter and your CV in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Atelier Ten reserves the right to alter the content of this job description to reflect changes to the job, without altering the general character or level of responsibility.