Atelier Ten is looking for a full-time Design Staff person to join our New York office. We’re an international environmental design consultancy creating high-performance, sustainable, award-winning buildings. Our projects give back to the wider environment, don’t waste resources and make people feel good.
As a Design Staff member you will work within your project team at Atelier Ten to analyze design options and make recommendations on daylighting, energy systems, water use, thermal comfort, occupant health, sustainable materials, and more. You’ll also work on LEED program administration, which includes analyzing feasibility of specific credits as well as managing the overall documentation process.
Design Staff at Atelier Ten are key members of interdisciplinary consulting teams working on exciting and innovative projects. These projects range from university campuses, offices, and municipal buildings to headquarters of large tech companies and mixed use developments. You will work directly with clients, architects, engineers, and other consultants to provide analyses and recommendations that drive design decisions, enabling projects to meet challenging sustainability goals.
We’re looking for someone who is proactive, self-motivated with an appreciation and willingness to learn on multiple projects. In return for your enthusiasm and commitment, we offer a competitive salary, exciting project work, broad industry experience, opportunities for career growth and involvement in the design process, and a flexible work environment. Perhaps most importantly, you’ll get the freedom to contribute ideas and play an active part in the design process. You’ll get to make a genuine personal difference, in a way that’s not always possible in a bigger corporate environment.
Qualified candidates ideally possess:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in a field related to environmental building design, architecture, architectural engineering, and/ or building science
- 0-4 years’ professional experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign), and Rhino
- In addition, skills in software such as “R,” Grasshopper, Radiance, Revit, eQuest, EnergyPlus, IES, D3, or data visualization would be desirable
- Demonstrated skills in computer and hand drafting, and sketching proficiency in written and spoken English, and good verbal, inter-personal and writing skills
- Experience with LEED or sustainable design is a plus
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume in .pdf format to email@example.com. Please reference “NY Design Staff” in your subject line. No phone calls, please.