About the role
Atelier Ten is an international environmental design and building services consultancy and lighting design firm creating high-performance, sustainable, award-winning buildings. Our projects give back to the wider environment, conserve resources and foster innovation. Our London office has an immediate opening for a full-time Mechanical Engineer as part of our engineering team.
As a member of the engineering team, you will report to a Senior Engineer or above. You will be responsible for supporting work on a range of projects. Using industry benchmark and internal standards, the post holder will ensure not only the timely delivery of accurate project information but also provide a point of contact between engineering staff and the in-house CAD team.
- Demonstrate reasonable knowledge in mechanical engineering
- Actively commit to developing specialist skills in one or more disciplines
- Demonstrate an understanding of Atelier Ten’s approach
- Actively committed to pursuing CPD of all relevant disciplines
- Able to provide accurate calculations and drawings in relevant disciplines
- Deliver technical solutions in accordance with client brief
- Liaise with client, architect and other members of the design team
- Help to facilitate the development of client brief by supporting other members of their teamEffectively co-ordinate with in-house engineers, the environmental team and members of the CAD team
- Engineer systems within the agreed time scale
- Maintain overview of project work and provide updates as and when required to line manager/project manager
- Appreciate the need for effective liaison between Atelier Ten, clients and architects
- Report any feedback or issues concerning the project from clients
- Foster positive relationships within Atelier Ten
What we offer
In return for your enthusiasm and commitment, you get:
- A competitive salary
- Exciting and varied day to day work as part of a team
- A hybrid work environment
- Excellent opportunities for career growth
- Extensive training opportunities
Who are you?
We’re looking for someone who has experience working in a fast-paced office environment with the ability to manage multiple deadlines and work as part of a team as well as having the initiative to work under limited supervision. You’re proactive, self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills and comfortable working with colleagues on all levels.
Qualifications and skills
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Working towards relevant professional qualifications
- Minimum three years’ experience within an engineering environment
- Experience across a wide variety of project work
- Practical knowledge of project work coupled with an understanding of project management tools
- Understanding of the deliverables associated with projects within the public and private sector
- Understanding of project co-ordination
- Team player
- Appreciates the need for the application of consistent standards and metrics
- Ability to work under limited supervision
- Ability to manage workload
- Good writing skills for producing written reports
- Effective IT skills for producing material
Please send a cover letter and your CV in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Atelier Ten reserves the right to alter the content of this job description to reflect changes to the job, without altering the general character or level of responsibility.