We are seeking a detail-oriented and highly organised Accountant to join our finance team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for maintaining financial records, preparing financial reports, and ensuring the accuracy of financial transactions. This role will play a crucial part in our company’s financial health and decision-making processes.
- Financial Record Keeping: Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger entries.
- Financial Reporting: Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Assist in the development of budgets and financial forecasts, providing valuable insights to support business planning.
- Accounts Payable: Process invoices, track expenses, and ensure timely payments to vendors and suppliers.
- Accounts Receivable: Manage customer invoices, follow up on overdue payments, and maintain a well-organized system for receivables.
- Bank Reconciliation: Reconcile bank statements and resolve any discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Tax Compliance: Ensure compliance with all local tax regulations. Prepare and file tax returns as required.
- Financial Analysis: Analyse financial data to identify trends, variances, and opportunities for cost savings or revenue generation.
- Audit Support: Assist in internal and external audits by providing documentation and explanations of financial transactions.
- Financial Software: Utilise accounting software and tools to streamline processes and maintain accurate financial records. We currently utilise SAGE, however experience in SAP would also be beneficial.
- Assist in timesheet management and tracking project financials.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- ACCA designation preferred but not required.
- Proven experience as an accountant or in a similar financial role.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, regulations, and financial reporting.
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- High ethical standards and the ability to handle confidential information.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Opportunity for career growth
- Private Healthcare Policy
- Cash healthcare policy
- 25 Days Annual Holidays + Statutory bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme.
Salary negotiable depending on experience. Hours will be 9am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
If this looks like your next adventure, then please send us your CV along with a cover letter to Gabriel Connor at email@example.com. Please specify in your cover letter that you are applying for the Accountant role.