POSITION: Senior Energy Analyst
LOCATION: Sydney or Melbourne, Australia
START DATE: Quarter three 2021
ABOUT ATELIER TEN
We are an international consultancy creating high-performance, sustainable, award-winning buildings. Buildings that give back to the wider environment, don’t waste resources and make people feel good. We have been designing for the climate emergency since our founding in 1990.
Atelier Ten are committed to fostering an environment of inclusion and diversity. We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most innovative talent on our team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The job is a full-time position in our Melbourne or Sydney office, working within our integrated team of environmental design consultants, sharing your passion for high performance architecture and building science. You will get to work on exciting and innovative projects ranging from mixed use developments, education, commercial, institutional buildings, and masterplans. You will work directly with clients, architects, engineers, and other consultants to provide analyses and recommendations that drive design decisions, enabling projects to meet challenging sustainability goals.
Your role will focus on building performance simulation and other technical analyses across a range of projects that could include net zero carbon, Green Star, NABERS, LEED, WELL, Living Building Challenge, Passive House, Section J, and NatHERS. Your work will inform building design teams on strategies for energy conservation, carbon emissions reductions, net zero buildings, thermal comfort, and more. You will manage your time and budget, and lead analysis tasks independently. You will contribute to the technical design practice and help junior team members deliver tasks, including reviewing work and training up modellers. You may also be asked to assist Associates and Company Directors on business development activities such as fee proposals.
We’re looking for someone who is proactive and self-motivated with an appreciation and willingness to learn. While this role is focused on energy analysis, we can also offer opportunities in other areas as part of your professional development. We will actively encourage and support your involvement in relevant industry organisations. Many of our staff participate in professional organisations, industry conferences and events, and teach/engage with local universities.
In return for your enthusiasm and commitment, we offer exciting project work, broad industry experience, opportunities for career growth and involvement in the design process, and a flexible work environment. Perhaps most importantly, you’ll get the freedom to contribute ideas and play an active part in the design process. You’ll get to make a genuine personal difference, in a way that’s not always possible in a bigger corporate environment.
Qualified candidates ideally possess
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in a field related to engineering, architecture, and/ or building science
- 4+ years’ professional experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and IES-VE, including detailed HVAC modelling in the ApacheHVAC module
- Proficiency in any of the following would be a plus, but is not required: Rhino, Grasshopper, Ladybug Tools, EnergyPlus, Designbuilder, Diva, Radiance, FirstRate5, PHPP, Adobe Creative Suite, Visual Basic, Python
- Energy modelling experience in accordance with NABERS Energy and preferably some experience with Green Star, Section J, and NatHERS.
- Ability to manage technical tasks independently and willingness to train up junior modellers
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, and good verbal, interpersonal and writing skills
- Permit to work in Australia
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume in .pdf format to email@example.com. Please reference “AUS Energy Analyst” in your subject line. No phone calls, please.