IT Support Specialist, New York
Who are we?
Thank you for asking! Kindness and curiosity are some of Atelier Ten’s (“A10”) tenets.
We are a team of environmental and lighting designers championing for a healthier planet by leveraging our vast, collective knowledge of sustainable spaces. We help bring beauty and efficiency to every building, because like Maybelline, not all buildings are “born with it.” We work with architects, engineers, owners, and other stakeholders to accomplish their sustainability, wellness, functionality, and visual goals. We don’t just follow the trends of the industry, we trailblaze new paths to create high performance, sustainable, and award-winning buildings.
What is this role on a high level?
Let’s take a moment to see the overview of the role before we get into the nitty gritty.
We are looking for someone to fill our full-time IT Support Specialist role in our New York office. The IT Support Specialist handles technical service requests from staff and supports various aspects of our IT infrastructure, including desktops, laptops, general networking, hardware/software and office systems in 7 offices in the U.S. and AsiaPac. This position reports to the CIO and works in close coordination with the U.S. operations team. Although we’re slightly biased, we believe this is an excellent opportunity to work alongside a terrific group of people and be a critical part of a small but mighty administrative team.
What will your day-to-day looks like?
Days at A10 are constantly changing and we promise to keep you engaged, challenged, and never bored. Below are some regular tasks you will bounce between. Given this is a junior position, responsibilities will be assigned / delegated as you get up to speed and start knocking tasks out of the ballpark.
- Provide end user support with an emphasis on customer service and formulating effective and efficient solutions.
- Install, modify, and make minor repairs to computer hardware and software systems.
- Resolve helpdesk tickets representing staff-generated technical requests or problems and troubleshoot technical and process issues to maintain productivity.
- Light network administration and support.
- Roll out and support laptop/desktop hardware and software (including license management).
- Purchase and audit inventory of software and hardware.
- Develop and document technical tools, policies, and procedures.
- Assist with the planning, design and implementation of various IT projects.
- Travel occasionally to the New Haven office with possible travel to the San Francisco office as needed.
What are we looking for?
Hopefully you’re interested and excited about what your days at Atelier Ten will look like. We do have a few items on our wish list for you to become the next great “A10er.” We are looking for that IT “unicorn” who is IT savvy, with highly developed hands-on troubleshooting skills, and the ability to interact with end users in a friendly, professional and respectful manner. They should have a highly developed attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to work independently. And if we’re not pushing our luck with asks, you ideally will have a collaborative mindset and possess:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Windows desktop products and Office 365 suite.
- Proven ability to support networked multifunction printers.
- Solid working knowledge of current communications devices and protocols, server and desktop technologies.
- Basic knowledge of networking principles and operating systems.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capacity to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-moving environment.
- The availability to work from the office 5-days a week. However, currently we are operating on a modified in office schedule where staff are expected to be in the office at a minimum 3 days a week with up to 2 days working remotely.
- Experience with systems administration, virtualization (hyper-v) and Linux (a plus).
- 1+ years commensurate experience in desktop support.
- A Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in an IT related field (strongly desired)
What to expect from us?
- Competitive salary
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Emphasis on work life balance
- 401k matching program
- Highly engaged coworkers with a shared hunger for knowledge
- Mutual respect and support from colleagues and leadership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid life and disability insurance
- Paid volunteer time
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Annual professional development funds
- Freedom to contribute ideas and make a personal difference that is not always possible in a large corporate environment
- Really good high-fives
Atelier Ten US seeks to compensate staff based on a variety of factors related to the role and the candidate. These factors include (but not limited to) the responsibilities, requirements, and location of the position, as well as the candidate/s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. We also consider internal equity, market data, and growth potential. The good faith estimate of the base compensation offered for this role is between $50,000 and $65,000. This range does not include the value of Atelier Ten’s many benefit offerings.
How to apply
Sadly, we no longer accept phone calls, award winning films, or interpretive dances as applications. Please apply using the application link to send us your resume and a cover letter so we can learn a bit about you (e.g., Why you’re in the market for a new job. What you do for fun. Your favorite vacation. Recent reads…)