Atelier Ten is looking for a full-time Graduate Environmental Designer to join our London head office. We’re an international design consultancy providing building services engineering, sustainability and environmental services. We create high-performance, sustainable, award-winning buildings. Our projects give back to the wider environment, don’t waste resources and make people feel good.
As a Graduate Environmental Designer, you will work within your project team at Atelier Ten to analyse design options and make recommendations on daylighting, energy systems, water use, thermal comfort, occupant health, sustainable materials, and more. You’ll also work on BREEAM program administration, which includes analysing feasibility of specific credits as well as managing the overall documentation process.
Environmental design staff at Atelier Ten are key members of interdisciplinary consulting teams working on exciting and innovative projects. These projects range from university campuses, offices, and public buildings to headquarters of large tech companies, mixed-use developments and masterplans. You will work directly with clients, architects, engineers and other consultants to provide analyses and recommendations that drive design decisions, enabling projects to meet challenging sustainability goals.
We’re looking for someone who is proactive, self-motivated with an appreciation and willingness to learn on multiple projects. In return for your enthusiasm and commitment, we offer a competitive salary, exciting project work, broad industry experience, opportunities for career growth and involvement in the design process, and a flexible work environment. Perhaps most importantly, you’ll get the freedom to contribute ideas and play an active part in the design process. You’ll get to make a genuine personal difference, in a way that’s not always possible in a bigger corporate environment.
Qualified candidates ideally possess:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in a field related to environmental building design, architecture, architectural engineering, and/ or building science
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign) and Rhino
- In addition, skills in software such as AutoCAD, Grasshopper, DIVA Ladybug, Radiance, Revit, eQuest, EnergyPlus, IES, EDSL TAS, embodied carbon LCA tools, D3, or other data visualisation tools would be desirable
- Demonstrated skills in computer and hand drafting and sketching, proficiency in written and spoken English, and good verbal, inter-personal and writing skills
- Any experience with BREEAM or environmental building design is a plus
If this looks like your next adventure, then please send us your CV along with a cover letter to Priyanka Sharma at firstname.lastname@example.org.