Atelier Ten Melbourne are recruiting for a paid, part time internship role focused on environmental design. We’re an international environmental design consultancy creating high-performance, sustainable, award-winning buildings. Buildings that give back to the wider environment, don’t waste resources and make people feel good. We’re an established company fresh to the Australian market, so this is your chance to participate in the growth of a young and influential brand.
You’ll get to work on the creation of highly innovative and sustainable urban design, architectural and building services solutions, involving a mix of technologies. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside our Environmental Designers and Directors, building your knowledge and skill set. You will conduct environmental design analysis on a range of Atelier Ten projects.
Possible tasks include:
- Developing energy models in IES
- Multiparameter façade design analyses
- Daylight and glare assessments
- Thermal comfort modelling
- Developing benchmarking pathways in Green Star, Living Building Challenge, WELL Building Rating
- Helping to prepare bids/competitions
While you will be based in our Melbourne office you may also do work to support projects in Sydney and overseas. You will work under the regular task supervision of one of Atelier Ten’s environmental designers, with administrative supervision and mentorship provided by a Director of the company.
In return for your expertise, enthusiasm and commitment, you get:
- Exciting project work with substantial technical challenges
- Broad industry exposure
- A flexible work environment and international work experience
- Excellent opportunities for career growth
- Extensive training opportunities
- Paid for your work on an hourly basis
We’re looking for someone studying architecture, engineering or a related field, with a strong interest in sustainability, building science, or public health. You’ll be able to think beyond your own discipline and be keen to contribute to collaborative problem-solving in an inter-disciplinary environment. You’re proactive, self-motivated and comfortable taking responsibility across multiple projects. You get excited about learning new things and enjoy sharing your skills and knowledge across the company.
Qualified candidates ideally possess:
- Demonstrated graphic, written, and verbal communication skills (experience with the Adobe Suite is preferred)
- Experience with some proficiency in environmental analysis tools (one or more of the following: IES; EnergyPlus; Rhino, Grasshopper, Ladybug/Honeybee and other building zoo apps; Radiance and Daysim)
- Appropriate work visa status
- Work experience in an architectural, engineering or related design practice
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in a field related to environmental building design (architecture, building services engineering, and/or building science)
If you’re a little bit artistic and a big bit technical, come and make a difference with us. Questions? Please ask them by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and title your email ‘Melbourne Intern Role – question.” No phone calls please. Interested? Please send a cover letter and resume in PDF format to email@example.com and title your email ‘Melbourne Intern Role – application’.