We have an exciting opportunity for a Accounts/Administrative Assistant to join our growing team based in our Glasgow office.
We are award-winning environmental design consultants and building services engineers who are committed to high-performance and sustainable design within the built environment.
Reporting to the Financial Controller the successful candidate will be experienced and confident in all administration tasks, with a strong emphasis on organisation management.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Creating and maintaining of new projects, i.e setting up new clients
- Daily / monthly maintenance of project financial spreadsheets
- Maintenance of timesheets, preparing and processing of monthly invoicing
- Credit control
SAGE accounts package:
- Ensuring monthly invoices are posted to Sage, and are reconciled with spreadsheets/maintenance of banking and petty cash records.
- Processing staff expenses
- Maintenance of nominal ledger
- Preparing monthly accounts to trial balance
- Updating the CAD workload database (Excel)
- General administration duties to assist with the wider support team when required.
- Answering the telephone calls overflow and holiday cover assistance
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience in similar role
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Be able to work to tight deadlines
- Proficient in all Microsoft packages – Excel is a must.
- A pleasant telephone manner and experience of dealing with telephone enquiries
Essential – a working knowledge of bookkeeping, using Sage or similar accounts package.
Salary negotiable depending on experience. Hours will be 9am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org