You have a numerate degree in engineering, architecture, or a similar field, and some professional experience. You are proactive, self-motivated with an appreciation and willingness to learn on multiple projects. If you get excited about learning new things, innovation and enjoy sharing your skills and knowledge across our company this is your chance to help shape the growth of our influential brand.
About the role
The role is a full-time position at our Glasgow office. As a Sustainability Consultant / Life Cycle Analysis Specialist, you will work within your project team at Atelier Ten to analyse design options and make recommendations on embodied carbon, sustainable materials, circular economy and more. You’ll also work on BREEAM program administration, which includes analysing feasibility of specific credits as well as managing the overall documentation process, especially in relation to materials and resource use.
Sustainability consultants at Atelier Ten are key members of interdisciplinary consulting teams working on exciting and innovative projects. These projects range from university campuses, offices, and public buildings to headquarters of large tech companies, mixed-use developments and masterplans. You will work directly with clients, architects, engineers and other consultants to provide analyses and recommendations that drive design decisions, enabling projects to meet challenging sustainability goals.
Qualifications and experience
Candidates ideally possess:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in a field related to environmental building design, architecture, architectural engineering, or building science
- Interest in sustainable and healthy materials and circular economy
- Experience in embodied carbon and whole life carbon assessments
- Knowledge of current WLCA standards
- Experience in One Click LCA and other carbon measurement tools
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Power Point
- In addition, programming skills and data visualisation tools would be desirable (Dynamo/Grasshopper)
- Demonstrated skills in computer and hand drafting, and sketching proficiency in written and spoken English, and good verbal, inter-personal and writing skills
- An awareness of sustainability accreditation schemes
- Experience with BREEAM, Passivhaus or sustainable design is a plus
What we offer
In return for your enthusiasm, expertise and commitment, you get:
- Benefits including private medical insurance
- Broad variety in the work on offer
- Opportunities for career growth and support for professional development
Perhaps most importantly, you’ll get the freedom to contribute ideas and play an active part in the design process. You’ll get to make a genuine personal difference, in a way that’s not always possible in a bigger corporate environment.
Please send us your CV along with a cover letter to Gabriel Connor at email@example.com. Including work samples or a portfolio in your application is desirable, but not essential.