Sustainability Consultant, Glasgow
Atelier Ten Glasgow is looking for a Sustainability Consultant to join our Glasgow team.
About Atelier Ten
We’re an international consultancy creating high-performance, sustainable, award-winning buildings. Buildings that give back to the wider environment, don’t waste resources and make people feel good. We’ve been designing for the climate emergency since our founding in 1990.
Our focus is on delivering high-quality, award-winning building services and sustainable design. We’re innovative and multidisciplinary, with building services engineers, environmental design consultants and lighting designers all under one roof. Each of us is passionate about making the world a better place, and we all enjoy thinking beyond our own discipline. We add value to our projects through collaborative problem-solving; starting with first principles and verified with rigorous performance testing. We create long-lasting relationships with our collaborators, clients and colleagues throughout the industry.
You have a numerate degree in engineering, architecture, or a similar field, and some professional experience. You are proactive, self-motivated with an appreciation and willingness to learn on multiple projects. If you get excited about learning new things, innovation and enjoy sharing your skills and knowledge across our company this is your chance to help shape the growth of our influential brand.
About the role
The role is a full-time position at our Glasgow office. As an Sustainability Consultant, you will work within your project team at Atelier Ten to analyse design options and make recommendations on daylighting, energy systems, water use, thermal comfort, occupant health, sustainable materials, and more. You’ll also work on BREEAM program administration, which includes analysing feasibility of specific credits as well as managing the overall documentation process.
Sustainability consultants at Atelier Ten are key members of interdisciplinary consulting teams working on exciting and innovative projects. These projects range from university campuses, offices, and public buildings to headquarters of large tech companies, mixed-use developments and masterplans. You will work directly with clients, architects, engineers and other consultants to provide analyses and recommendations that drive design decisions, enabling projects to meet challenging sustainability goals.
Qualifications and experience
Candidates ideally possess:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in a field related to environmental building design, architecture, architectural engineering, and/ or building science
- 0-4 years’ professional experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign) and Rhino
- In addition, skills in software such as AutoCAD, Grasshopper, Radiance, Revit, eQuest, EnergyPlus, IES, EDSL TAS, embodied carbon LCA tools, D3, or other data visualisation tools would be desirable
- Demonstrated skills in computer and hand drafting, and sketching proficiency in written and spoken English, and good verbal, inter-personal and writing skills
- Experience with BREEAM or sustainable design is a plus
What we offer
In return for your enthusiasm, expertise and commitment, you get:
- A competitive salary
- Benefits including private medical insurance
- Broad variety in the work on offer
- Opportunities for career growth and support for professional development
Perhaps most importantly, you’ll get the freedom to contribute ideas and play an active part in the design process. You’ll get to make a genuine personal difference, in a way that’s not always possible in a bigger corporate environment.
Please send us your CV along with a cover letter to Gabriel Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org. Including work samples or a portfolio in your application is desirable, but not essential.