Atelier Ten is looking for a full-time Senior Environmental Designer to join our San Francisco office. We’re an international environmental design consultancy creating high-performance, sustainable, award-winning buildings that give back to the wider environment, don’t waste resources, and make people feel good. You’ll work on the creation of highly innovative and sustainable solutions involving a mix of technologies.
We are looking for an expert on sustainability in the built environment to consult on projects. In addition serving as a technical expert, you’ll be responsible for leading the sustainability design process on buildings and masterplans, maintaining client and design community relationships, participating in meetings, leading charrettes, leading detailed technical analysis, reporting, and budgeting. The ideal candidate possesses excellent written and verbal team communication and time management skills. You will be responsible for leading design and authoring project deliverables on topics including daylighting, energy and water use, sustainable materials, health and wellness, LEED and more.
We’re looking for someone who is proactive and self-motivated with an appreciation and willingness to learn on multiple projects. In return for your enthusiasm and commitment, we offer a competitive salary, exciting project work, broad industry experience, opportunities for career growth, involvement in the design process, and a flexible work environment. Perhaps most importantly, you’ll get the freedom to contribute ideas and play an active part in the design process. You’ll get to make a genuine personal difference, in a way that’s not always possible in a bigger corporate environment.
Qualified candidates ideally possess:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in a field related to environmental building design, architecture, architectural engineering, and/or building science
- 5-10 years’ professional experience in an architecture or sustainability consulting firm
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign), and Rhino is highly desired
- Skills with software such as Revit, “R,” Grasshopper, Radiance, eQuest, EnergyPlus, IES, D3, or general programming or data visualization skills would be of interest
- Applicants should have demonstrated skills in computer and hand drafting, have proficiency in written and spoken English, and good verbal, inter-personal and writing skills are required
Preference will be given to candidates who are LEED AP with specialty.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume in .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “SF Senior Environmental Designer” in your subject line. No phone calls, please.
Please visit our website at www.atelierten.com for additional firm information.