Atelier Ten London are looking for a Senior Environmental Designer to join our team.
About Atelier Ten
We’re an international consultancy creating high-performance, sustainable, award-winning buildings. Buildings that give back to the wider environment, don’t waste resources and make people feel good. We’ve been designing for the climate emergency since our founding in 1990.
Our focus is on delivering high-quality, award-winning building services and sustainable design. We’re innovative and multidisciplinary, with building services engineers, environmental design consultants and lighting designers all under one roof. Each of us is passionate about making the world a better place, and we all enjoy thinking beyond our own discipline. We add value to our projects through collaborative problem-solving; starting with first principles and verified with rigorous performance testing. We create long-lasting relationships with our collaborators, clients and colleagues throughout the industry.
About the Role and Responsibilities
As a Senior Environmental Designer, you will work on developing highly sustainable urban and building design, advising on sustainability strategy, environmental design and building services solutions that will involve a mix of innovative technologies and approaches. Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical analysis related to sustainability in architecture design using in-house spreadsheet-based software and external computer aided design software and analytical software.
- Combine the sustainability technical simulations to analyze and advise on potential improvements for sustainability in architectural designs, including building forms, layout, façade, materials etc.
- Manage the sustainability aspect of architectural design projects, with responsibility for client relationships, project direction and finances, internal team coordination, and quality assurance. The architectural design projects range from a variety of sectors such as education, office, residential, hospitality etc.
- Participate in architectural design coordination meetings and coordinate with architects, mechanical engineers etc on architectural design.
- Lead and support sustainable design charrettes in the early architecture design process.
- Authorize project deliverables such as report, client memos, technical studies and drawings, using graphics presentation software, to inform the architecture design team on making design decisions from the sustainability perspective.
- Contribute to the quality assurance process of internal project teams by coordinating with group leader or project principle on technical requirements, deliverables and project framing related to sustainable architectural design.
- Contribute to the development of at least one of the firm’s sustainability consulting practices under the supervision of the practice leader.
- Provide technical analysis using in-house and external analysis software.
- Combine the simulations to analyze and advise on potential improvements for sustainability.
- Manage projects with responsibility for client relationships, project direction and finances, internal team coordination, and quality assurance.
- Participate in meetings to lead and support charrettes.
Requirements: Requires a Bachelor’s in Environmental Building Design, Sustainable Design, Architecture, Architectural Lighting Design, or related field. Requires 3 years of experience, which must include some experience in each of the following skills: Energy/thermal modeling and analysis, and daylight analysis; Software proficiency including DesignBuilder/IES, RHINO, DIVA, Adobe Suites; Project coordination with design team members and project management; LEED AP with specialty; Professional certifications or licenses within area of expertise; and technical writing in environmental design.
To apply, please send resumes to: Atelier Ten USA, LLC, Attn: HR, 45 East 20th Street, Floor 4, New York, NY 10003.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.