POSITION: Senior Energy Analyst / Senior Designer
Who are we?
Thank you for asking! Kindness and curiosity are some of Atelier Ten’s core tenets.
We are a team of environmental and lighting designers championing for a healthier planet leveraging our vast, collective knowledge of sustainable spaces. We help bring beauty and efficiency to every building, because like Maybelline, not all buildings are “born with it.” We work with architects, engineers, owners, and other stakeholders to accomplish their sustainability, wellness, functionality, and visual goals. We don’t just follow the trends of the industry, we trailblaze new paths to create high performance, sustainable, and award-winning buildings.
What is this role on a high level?
Let’s take a moment to see the overview of the role before we get into the nitty gritty.
We want you to be Atelier Ten San Francisco’s newest full-time Senior Designer with a specialty in Energy Analysis with the goal of leading projects to achieve energy efficiency and carbon emissions reduction goals. You would oversee producing technical deliverables, consult on projects, train/mentor staff and lead the industry in decarbonizing the built environment. You would be an integral member of an interdisciplinary environmental design consulting group and a key member of the company’s Energy Analysis practice.
What your day-to-day looks like
Days at Atelier Ten are filled with a large variety of project types from offices, labs to large masterplans. We promise to keep you challenged and never bored. Here are some regular tasks you may encounter:
- Working closely with Atelier Ten’s Energy Analysis practice leader
- Manage energy analysis projects.
- Lead energy and thermal comfort analysis on building and planning projects.
- Collaborate closely with architects and design team members to make energy improvement recommendations.
- Assist colleagues with energy analysis-related work which includes carbon emissions calculations, annual cost analysis and LCCA.
- Develop and maintain analysis methods and standards.
- Train staff in aspects of energy analysis.
- Work on multiple types of projects within the built environment ranging from institutional to commercial to residential building projects as well as large scale masterplans.
- Collaborate Atelier Ten’s integrated design groups to support the full range of our services, which include environmental design consulting, daylight and façade analysis, lighting design and benchmarking.
What we are looking for
Hopefully you’re on board so far and excited about what your days at Atelier will look like. We do have a few items on our wish list for you to become the next great Atelier Tenner. We are looking for someone who is curious, proactive, self-motivated with an appreciation and willingness to learn on multiple projects. They should have experience in providing training, mentorship, and group development. They will possess an eye for improving existing processes, interest in tool building, and communicating ideas and complex technical concepts to any audience. Some experience in engagement and outreach in the industry is preferred. And if we’re not pushing our luck with asks, you ideally will possess:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in a field related to building science, engineering or architecture with an application or work experience in HVAC design
- 4+ years professional work experience in energy analysis with any of the following platforms: IES-VE, and/or eQuest, and have experience modeling to ASHRAE Standard 90.1, Standard 55 and 62.1 in various design stages.
- Deep understanding of high-performance buildings, evaluation of energy efficiency and carbon emissions reduction measures.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, and excellent verbal, inter-personal and writing skills.
What to expect from us?
The unexpected… but also the following:
- Competitive salary
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Flexible / hybrid work schedule
- Emphasis on work life balance
- 401k matching program
- Highly engaged coworkers with a shared hunger for knowledge
- Mutual respect and support from colleagues and leadership
- Paid Life and Disability insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer time
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Annual professional development funds
- Freedom to contribute ideas and make a personal difference that is not always possible in a large corporate environment
- Really good high-fives
How to apply
Sadly, we no longer accept phone calls, award winning films, or interpretive dances as applications. But we will take the following:
- A cover letter and resume in .pdf format to email@example.com. (Reference “Sr Energy Analyst Designer” in your subject line)
Visit our website at www.atelierten.com for additional firm information.