Atelier Ten, an environmental and lighting design consulting firm, is seeking a part-time Office Manager to organize and supervise the administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of its lighting design studio in New Haven, CT. Currently a 24 hour per week position, the job could expand with the growth of the studio and/or responsibility.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing administrative procedures including local budgeting/purchasing and timesheet/expense reporting
- Providing facilities management that includes liaising with landlord; maintaining office space for cleanliness and organization; coordinating packages, deliveries, and incoming/outgoing mail
- Managing calendars, coordinating travel arrangements, and preparing expense reports on behalf of senior management
- Managing local payroll, benefits administration, and performance management procedures in coordination with US Operations Leader
- Coordinating local recruiting needs including job interviews, reference reviews, and offer letter packages
- Conducting new-hire orientations and coordinating onboarding activities
- Planning special events and logistics for both on-site and off-site events
- Providing project administration support and ensuring filing and archiving systems are maintained and up-to-date
- Assisting IT department with local troubleshooting and workstation set-up
- Responding to staff inquiries and maintaining smooth employee relations
Qualified candidates ideally possess:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year university
- One to three years of similar experience, preferably within an architectural, engineering, or design office
- Effective time, space, and task management skills
- Proven ability to handle sensitive issues in a discreet and professional manner
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite and standard office equipment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The range of responsibilities and opportunities for this position is limited only by the drive of the successful candidate themselves. Atelier Ten provides an exciting, engaging, professional, and fun workplace where individuals are respected and supported through all stages of their professional development. The company aims to foster a high quality of life for its employees both professionally and personally.
Interested candidates should submit a CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please reference “NH Office Manager” in your subject line. No phone calls or portfolios please.
Please visit our website at www.atelierten.com for additional firm information.