Atelier Ten’s New York Lighting Design Studio is seeking a full-time Associate.
As a member of the management team, the Associate will be responsible for managing projects, as well as, developing the internal project delivery group and Lighting Design Practice.
- Manage projects with responsibility for client relationships, project direction and finances, internal team coordination, and quality assurance.
- Provide support and guidance for project managers on project budgeting, scheduling, profitability, framing, and deliverables.
- Coordinate research and development activities within the Lighting Design Practice.
- Maintain client and design community relationships.
- Support Directors and Associate Directors achieve local business development goals.
We encourage the design of highly innovative and sustainable solutions that incorporate a mix of technologies and seek someone who can think beyond their own discipline and is willing to contribute to collaborative problem-solving in a multi-disciplinary environment. You will be proactive and self-motivated with an appreciation and willingness to learn on multiple projects. In return, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and opportunities for career growth while working on interesting projects.
Qualifications and requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a field related to lighting design
- 6+ years’ experience as a professional lighting designer
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD, Revit, and lighting calculation programs such as AGI32, Radiance, and Rhino
- Demonstrated skills in computer and hand-drafting, lighting calculations, and lighting documentation
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, good verbal, inter-personal, and writing skills
- 2+ years supervisory experience preferred
- IALD, LEED, and/or WELL accreditation preferred
Interested candidates should submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “NYC Lighting Associate” in your subject line. No phone calls or portfolios please.
Please visit our website at www.atelierten.com for additional firm information.