Atelier Ten is seeking a full-time Senior Graphic Designer/Graphic Designer to join our New York or San Francisco offices.
As the Graphic Designer in the US, this position will support all three US offices: New York, New Haven, and San Francisco. The Graphic Designer works with the marketing team on graphics and collateral for the US region, in close coordination with project managers on illustrations/diagrams for proposals, presentations, and reports, and is the expert on the company’s visual identity and graphic standards. Occasionally, the Graphic Designer will coordinate and assist with our international offices on special projects.
The Graphic Designer supports three areas: Marketing, Project Graphic Production, and Brand Management.
The Graphic Designer will work with the local and national marketing team to develop and maintain marketing collateral which includes, but not limited to, brochures, email blasts, newsletters, project profiles, PowerPoint presentations, infographics, business cards, and other specialty pieces. Additionally, they will be responsible for updating our website using WordPress. The Graphic Designer will also assist the marketing team with the selection, procurement, and tracking of project photography, as well as help curate the marketing image library.
Project Graphic Production:
The Graphic Designer will work with multiple project managers from our three US offices to develop and execute project graphics for architects and other clients including architectural-based diagrams (plans, sections, isometrics/axonometrics), infographics, and other technical sketches, charts, and tables. The Graphic Designer will help in the ideation of these graphics, ensuring they fit both the narrative of the project and our graphic quality standards. Additionally, they will assist in the creation and layout of reports.
The Graphic Designer will act as the protector and promoter of the visual brand. They will strive to help all US staff use the graphic standards and maintain consistent visuals throughout. Tasks include creating and maintaining style guides, templates/stationary, tools, asset libraries, palettes, and tutorials to help staff effectively use our graphic standards, offer orientations and training on how to use graphic resources and implement standards, and provide occasional technical support, particularly related to the Adobe Suite. The Graphic Designer will also champion our OpenAsset library; uploading and updating all company imagery, from professional project photography to in-house graphics. They will be the go-to person for graphic references and examples.
Education and Competency
- BA/BS degree in graphic design with a minimum of 3-5+ years’ experience working in an architecture, engineering, or related firm
- Ability to design and produce marketing materials such as brochures, email announcements, and other collateral
- Ability to distill complex ideas into clear, concise, and readable diagrams
- Ability to illustrate architectural and sustainability concepts through plans, sections, and diagrams highly preferred
- Good grasp of design trends, typography, layouts, and printing and production methods
- Self-sufficient and highly communicative with the ability to run own schedule and balance multiple deadlines/workloads
- Self-starter with the ability to see what needs to be done and do it
- Fluent in Adobe Suite including Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Currently authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Experienced with WordPress.
- Knowledge of OpenAsset.
- Proficiency in AutoCad and Rhino
To apply please submit (email@example.com)
- Cover Letter outlining how they have used graphics to enhance architectural or related industry project work
- A portfolio of relevant work
- Reference “Graphic Designer” in the subject line of your email
- No phone calls please