Atelier Ten, an environmental and lighting design consulting firm, is seeking a full-time Graphic Designer to join our New York/ New Haven/ San Francisco office. This position reports to the leader of business development in New York, and works in close coordination with project managers and marketing coordinators/managers on project and marketing graphics across all three US offices. Occasionally, the graphic designer will coordinate and assist with our UK and Australia offices on special projects.
The role of the Graphic Designer primarily serves three areas: Marketing, Admin, and Environmental Design.
The Graphic Designer will work with the local and national marketing team to develop marketing collateral which includes but not limited to project profiles, brochures, email blasts, PowerPoint presentations, flyers, infographics, and newsletters. They will also guide other staff members on how to implement the brand strategy effectively and provide occasional technical support. Additionally, they will be responsible for updating our website using WordPress. The designer will also champion our OpenAsset library; uploading and updating all company imagery, from professional project photography to in-house graphics.
The Graphic Designer will act as the protector and promoter of the visual brand. They will strive to help all US staff use the company standards and maintain consistent visuals throughout. Tasks include creating templates and guides to help staff use graphic standards to deliver a report that look consistent throughout the office.
The Graphic Designer will work with multiple project managers from our three US offices to develop and execute project graphics for architects and other clients including drawings, sections, reports, infographics, and other technical sketches and graphics.
Candidates must have background in architecture, engineering, or related field. We also look for experience in graphic layout, font management, and print production.
We are looking for candidate who can start before September 6th.
Education and Competency
- BA/BS degree in graphic design with a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in an architecture, engineering, or related firm OR an architecture degree with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a graphics related profession.
- Ability to illustrate architectural and sustainability concepts through plans, sections, and diagrams.
- Ability to design and produce materials such as report templates, brochures, email announcements, and other collateral materials. This includes designing layouts, text-based graphics, and knowledge of printing and production methods.
- Fluent in Adobe Suite including illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency in AutoCad and Rhino.
- Experienced with creating vector graphics.
- Experienced with WordPress.
- Knowledge of OpenAsset.
Interested candidates should submit a portfolio and resume to email@example.com. Application must be submitted as.pdf files no greater than 5MB in size. Please reference “A10_NY_Graphic Designer” or “A10_SF_Graphic Designer” in your subject line. No phone calls, please.