Atelier Ten London are recruiting for a full-time graduate public health engineer for the 2022 intake.
About Atelier Ten
We’re an international consultancy creating high-performance, sustainable, award-winning buildings. Buildings that give back to the wider environment, don’t waste resources and make people feel good. We’ve been designing for the climate emergency since our founding in 1990.
Our focus is on delivering high-quality, award-winning building services and sustainable design. We’re innovative and multidisciplinary, with building services engineers, environmental design consultants and lighting designers all under one roof. Each of us is passionate about making the world a better place, and we all enjoy thinking beyond our own discipline. We add value to our projects through collaborative problem-solving; starting with first principles and verified with rigorous performance testing. We create long-lasting relationships with our collaborators, clients and colleagues throughout the industry.
About the role
You’ll demonstrate an interest in how public health engineering fits with Atelier Ten’s approach. You will be responsible for supporting and delivering work on a range of projects, providing real opportunities for growth and development. You’ll produce complex design, calculations and drawings under supervision.
As a member of the engineering team, you will report to a Senior Engineer or above and liaise with other in-house engineers, the environmental team and members of our CAD team
Who are you?
We’re looking for someone who has experience working in a fast-paced office environment with the ability to manage multiple deadlines. You’re able to work under limited supervision as well as part of a team. You’re highly motivated and committed to CPD in all areas. In addition to possessing excellent design, analytical and communication skills, you’re comfortable working with colleagues on all levels.
You’re willing to develop an awareness and understanding of other disciplines; you should understand the importance of collaborative problem solving in a multi-disciplinary environment that extends to clients, architects and other design members beyond Atelier Ten.
You’ll have a keen interest in sustainability, and an understanding of the built environment.
To be considered, you should be able to demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Minimum 2:1 in relevant degree
- Working towards a relevant professional qualification (CIBSE chartership, or other professional body)
- Relevant experience in a related role
- Understanding of project co-ordination
- Appreciation of need for application of consistent standards and metrics
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Effective IT skills for generating material/data
The following is not required but will help your application stand out from the crowd:
- Student membership in relevant professional association
- Interest and awareness of other engineering disciplines
- Experience with sustainable design
What we offer
In return for your enthusiasm, expertise and commitment, you get:
- A competitive salary
- Benefits including private medical insurance
- Collegiate office environment in Shoreditch
- Broad variety in the work on offer
- Opportunities for career growth and support for professional development
Perhaps most importantly, you’ll get the freedom to contribute ideas and play an active part in the design process. You’ll get to make a genuine personal difference, in a way that’s not always possible in a bigger corporate environment.
Please send a covering letter and CV in PDF format to Priyanka Sharma at email@example.com.