Graduate Electrical Engineer, London
Atelier Ten are recruiting for graduates in a variety of disciplines including mechanical, electrical, public health and environmental design.
About Atelier Ten
We’re an innovative multidisciplinary firm of building services engineers, environmental design consultants and lighting designers focused on delivering high-quality, award-winning building services and sustainable design within the built environment sector.
About the role
Atelier Ten is looking for a Graduate Electrical Engineer to join the team. We’re an innovative multidisciplinary firm of building services engineers, environmental design consultants and lighting designers focused on delivering high-quality, award-winning building services and sustainable design within the built environment sector.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Graduate-level Electrical Engineer to join our London team. Working for Atelier Ten, you will be a valued member of a diverse and creative team of engineers, designers, and technical specialists with different levels of experience and expertise to help expand your knowledge and provide an interesting and supportive start to your career. You will be working on a variety of projects of different scales and end uses, across the world as well as locally based, shaping among other things the London skyline! We ensure that you receive high-quality learning and development, focusing on the design of power systems for buildings and masterplans, including renewable energy, life safety systems, data systems and strategies for smart buildings. You will get the opportunity to be involved in all stages of a building’s development, from agreeing the initial design brief to the completion of a building’s construction, and beyond.
Our electrical engineering design across all of our projects is centred around our core beliefs as a company with a focus on ensuring all of our designs tread lightly on the planet. Therefore, you will be working on ensuring electrical systems are as energy efficient as possible, while reducing the embodied and operational carbon using the latest innovative technologies.
As a practice, we are leading the way in sustainable building design; building a better and greener planet is always at the forefront of our design. You will be taught how to take a first principles approach to design; finding innovative and efficient solutions to design problems, and how consider and minimise the whole life carbon footprint of a building. On each project, you will be part of the Atelier Ten team working with the wider design team, including architects, civil and structural engineers, project managers and clients.
You will be part of the two-year graduate scheme, which includes access to training covering widely applicable soft skills as well as discipline-specific knowledge. We like to look at the bigger picture not just on a global scale but also on a company-wide scale, so we encourage learning and work experience in the other disciplines in our offices, including environmental design, electrical and public health engineering, as well as 2D and 3D modelling design.
Who are you?
We’re looking for someone who can work in a fast-paced office environment with the ability to manage multiple deadlines and work both independently and as part of a team. You’re proactive and self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work comfortably with colleagues at all levels.
Qualifications, skills and attributes
- Minimum 2.1 degree in a relevant subject
- Studying for, or prepared to study for, relevant professional qualifications
- Ideally a student member of an appropriate professional institution
- Demonstrate an interest in a discipline of engineering (e.g., mechanical, electrical or public health and environmental engineering)
- Demonstrate an interest in Atelier Ten’s approach
- Competent technical communication skills
- Effective IT skills for generating material/data
- Ability to work under supervision
- Ability to prioritise own work loads
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to work well in a team
What we offer
In return for your enthusiasm and commitment, you’ll get a variety of benefits:
- Exciting and varied day to day work as part of a team
- Excellent opportunities for career growth
- Extensive training opportunities, ranging from in-house programmes to external providers
- In-house discipline specific practice groups for knowledge sharing
- Hybrid working, with three days in the office per week
- A competitive salary
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme plus cycling insurance
- Free yoga sessions
- Free VDU eye test
- Professional membership fees
- Study leave
- 5 and 10 year long service leave awards
- Be committed to pursuing CPD in all areas
- Be able to produce accurate calculations and drawings under supervision
- Appreciate the need for the application of consistent standards and metrics
- Have a willingness to develop an awareness and understanding of other disciplines
- Be able to liaise with other members of engineering and environmental design teams as well as members of the delivery team
- Be aware of agreed times scales and able to work to deadlines
- Be able to provide updates as and when required to line manager
- Appreciate the importance of clients, architects and other design team members to Atelier Ten
- Be able to foster positive working relationships within Atelier Ten
- Be able to evidence critical analysis and evaluation of own findings
- Have a willingness to prepare for and attend meetings with external project / design team
- Be able to apply consistent standards and metrics
- Be open to challenging designs and having your design work challenged
- To show an understanding of project co-ordination
Please send your application with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify in your cover letter that you are applying for the Graduate Electrical Engineer role.
Please also, state in your email if you would like us to save your details in our database for us to get in touch with you in future for any opportunities. If we do not hear anything from you on this matter, we will delete your details from our database within 3 months.
Disclaimer: Please note that we might not be able to contact individual applicants with the status of their respective applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 weeks of your application, please understand that your application wasn’t shortlisted for the role you had applied for.
Atelier Ten reserves the right to alter the content of this job description to reflect changes to the job, without altering the general character or level of responsibility.