Atelier Ten is an innovative multidisciplinary firm of building services engineers, environmental design consultants and lighting designers focused on delivering high-quality building services design and sustainable design consultancy within the built environment sector. We aim to deliver highly sustainable design solutions based on the touchstones of environmental integrity, economic viability, and pragmatic engineering solutions. These principles are embedded in our collaborative and creative approach to problem solving and efficient resource utilisation.
About the role
We currently have an opening for a Financial Controller, reporting into the CFO, you’ll be a member of the company’s management board, working closely with the other Directors. Motivating and managing an immediate team of three, you’ll be accountable for overseeing & ensuring the effective operation of accounting and financial activities within the London team, working closely with client facing staff on project financials and interfacing with the group finance function.
Overall responsibility for the London finance function. Manage, lead, and develop a team of three.
- Attend London Directors Management Group (LDMG) to represent finance.
- Understand systems and be a key player as we transition from legacy systems to SAP s4hana ERP platform and Deltek Vantagepoint PMRM solution. Exposure to change management is an advantage.
- London reporting and KPI tracking for head office.
- Cash flow management and forecasting.
- Treasury management
- Project financial reviews with PMs – London
- Direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting and strategic planning.
- Responsibility for integrating group reporting systems, financial policies and internal controls.
- Assist with statutory audit, taxation, and compliance matters.
- Ensure effective internal controls are in place and compliance with applicable accounting standards.
- Oversee all transactions and processing systems.
- Ad Hoc financial projects
Who are you?
You’ll have excellent communications skills able to drive profitability and manage project finances. This a great opportunity for the right person reporting directly into the CFO with potential succession planning for the right candidate.
You’ll have worked in environmental or multi-disciplinary engineering company that might be advantageous but is by no means a must, this is more about your ability to manage multiple deadlines, your proactive, self-motivated and strong interpersonal skills and comfortable working with colleagues on all levels.
Strong excel skills are a prerequisite and any exposure to XERO, QuickBooks, SAGE, Deltek Vantagepoint or SAP s4hana will be an advantage. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in systems, demonstrate leadership skills and should be able to self-manage and adapt as the role evolves.
- Relevant professional qualifications with minimum 5 years PQE.
- Understand the need for personal commitment to the business.
- Self-motivated and flexible to the needs of the business.
- Natural leader but can operate as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritise and to think strategically.
- Articulate: strong presentation skills both written and verbal.
- Strong and effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective IT skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Able to work to tight deadlines.
Please send a cover letter and your CV in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.