Atelier Ten is an international environmental design consultancy and lighting design firm creating high-performance, sustainable, award-winning buildings. Our projects give back to the wider environment, conserve resources and foster innovation.
Our New York City office is looking to recruit a full-time Environmental Designer to consult and manage projects under the direction of an Associate or Director. As a Project Manager, you will be accountable for successful project delivery including but not limited to independent, proactive project planning/framing; client management and communication; client presentations and meetings; technical report writing and review; delivering certification for benchmarking systems, i.e., LEED, SITES, WELL, Living Building Challenge; fee forecasting and resource planning; and, effective internal team coordination and management.
Designers are also responsible for authoring project deliverables such as reports, memos, technical studies, graphic illustrations and drawings on topics including daylighting, energy and water use, resiliency, carbon reduction, sustainable/healthy materials, and more. As such, excellent written and verbal communication is imperative.
We seek someone who can think beyond their own discipline and is willing to contribute to collaborative problem solving in a multi-disciplinary environment. You must be proactive and self-motivated with an appreciation and willingness to learn on multiple projects. In return, we offer a competitive salary, opportunities for career growth, personalized professional development and the freedom to contribute ideas and be actively involved in the design process, not always possible in a big corporate environment.
Qualified candidates ideally possess:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in a field related to environmental building design, architecture, architectural engineering, and/or building science
- 2+ years’ professional experience in a sustainability consulting firm
- LEED AP with specialty certification preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Word
- Experience with AutoCAD, Rhino or graphics software (Adobe Illustrator and InDesign) a plus
- Effective time and budget management capability
- Strong technical and business writing skills
- Good verbal and inter-personal ability
Preference will be given to candidates who are LEED AP.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume in .pdf format to email@example.com. Please reference “NY Project Manager” in your subject line. No phone calls, please.
Please visit our website at www.atelierten.com for additional firm information.