Environmental Designer / Project Manager, San Francisco
Who are we?
Thank you for asking! Kindness and curiosity are some of Atelier Ten’s core tenets.
We are a team of environmental and lighting designers championing for a healthier planet leveraging our vast, collective knowledge of sustainable spaces. We help bring beauty and efficiency to every building, because like Maybelline, not all buildings are “born with it.” We work with architects, engineers, owners, and other stakeholders to accomplish their sustainability, wellness, functionality, and visual goals. We don’t just follow the trends of the industry, we trailblaze new paths to create high performance, sustainable, and award-winning buildings.
What is this role on a high level?
Let’s take a moment to see the overview of the role before we get into the nitty gritty.
We want you to be Atelier Ten San Francisco’s newest full-time Environmental Designer. In this role you will consult on and manage projects, based on experience and capability, under the direction of an Associate and/or Director. In addition to managing awesome projects, you’ll be responsible for maintaining client and design community relationships, participating in meetings, supporting or leading charrettes, excellent written and verbal team communication, reporting, budgeting, and time management.
What your day-to-day looks like
Days at Atelier Ten are filled with a large variety of project types from offices, labs to large masterplans. We promise to keep you challenged and never bored. Here are some regular tasks you may encounter:
- Leading team and project meetings
- Authoring project deliverables such as reports, memos, technical studies.
- Creating graphic illustrations, drawing from our various technical practices
- Collaborate closely with architects and design team members to make project recommendations.
- Work on multiple types of projects within the built environment ranging from institutional to commercial to residential building projects as well as large scale masterplans.
- Collaborate Atelier Ten’s integrated design groups to support the full range of our services, which include environmental design consulting, daylight and façade analysis, lighting design and benchmarking.
What we are looking for
Hopefully you’re on board so far and excited about what your days at Atelier will look like. We do have a few items on our wish list for you to become the next great A-Tenner. We are looking for someone who is curious, proactive, self-motivated with an appreciation and willingness to learn on multiple projects. And if we’re not pushing our luck with asks, you ideally will possess:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in a field related to environmental building design, architecture, architectural engineering, and/ or building science
- 2+ years’ professional experience in an architecture or sustainability consulting firm
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign), and Rhino is highly desired
- In addition, skill with such software as Revit, “R,” Grasshopper, Radiance, eQuest, EnergyPlus, IES, D3, or general programming or data visualization skill would be of interest
- Applicants should have demonstrated skills in computer and hand drafting, have proficiency in written and spoken English, and good verbal, inter-personal and writing skills are required
What to expect from us?
- Competitive salary
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Flexible / hybrid work schedule
- Emphasis on work life balance
- 401k matching program
- Highly engaged coworkers with a shared hunger for knowledge
- Mutual respect and support from colleagues and leadership
- Paid Life and Disability insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer time
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Annual professional development funds
- Freedom to contribute ideas and make a personal difference that is not always possible in a large corporate environment
- Really good high-fives
Atelier Ten US seeks to compensate staff based on a variety of factors related to the role and the candidate. These factors include (but not limited to) the responsibilities, requirements, and location of the position, as well as the candidate/s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. We also consider internal equity, market data, and growth potential. The good faith estimate of the base compensation offered for this role is between $65,000 and $85,000. This range does not include the value of Atelier Ten’s many benefit offerings. The compensation range may vary if the candidate is hired to work remotely from a location not listed for this role.
How to apply
Sadly, we no longer accept phone calls, award winning films, or interpretive dances as applications. But we will take the following:
- A cover letter and resume in .pdf format to email@example.com. (Reference “SF Environmental Designer” in your subject line)
Visit our website at www.atelierten.com for additional firm information.