Atelier Ten is looking for a full-time Environmental Designer to join our San Francisco office. We’re an international environmental design consultancy creating high-performance, sustainable, award-winning buildings. Buildings that give back to the wider environment, don’t waste resources and make people feel good. You’ll work on the creation of highly innovative and sustainable solutions involving a mix of technologies. We encourage the design of highly innovative and sustainable solutions that incorporate a mix of technologies.
We are looking for a designer with sustainable design experience to consult on projects. You’ll be responsible for supporting the design process on buildings and masterplans, maintaining client and design community relationships, participating in meetings, supporting charrettes, executing detailed technical analysis, excellent written and verbal team communication, reporting, and budget and time management. Designers are also responsible for authoring project deliverables such as reports, memos, technical studies, graphic illustrations and drawings on topics including daylighting, energy and water use, sustainable materials, health and wellness, LEED, and more.
We’re looking for someone who is proactive, self-motivated with an appreciation and willingness to learn on multiple projects. In return for your enthusiasm and commitment, we offer a competitive salary, exciting project work, broad industry experience, opportunities for career growth and involvement in the design process, and a flexible work environment. Perhaps most importantly, you’ll get the freedom to contribute ideas and play an active part in the design process. You’ll get to make a genuine personal difference, in a way that’s not always possible in a bigger corporate environment.
Qualified candidates ideally possess:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in a field related to environmental building design, architecture, architectural engineering, and/ or building science
- 2+ years’ professional experience in an architecture or sustainability consulting firm
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign), and Rhino is highly desired
- In addition, skill with such software as Revit, “R,” Grasshopper, Radiance, eQuest, EnergyPlus, IES, D3, or general programming or data visualization skill would be of interest
- Applicants should have demonstrated skills in computer and hand drafting, have proficiency in written and spoken English, and good verbal, inter-personal and writing skills are required
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume in .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “SF Designer” in your subject line. No phone calls, please.
Please visit our website at www.atelierten.com for additional firm information.