Atelier Ten Australia are recruiting for a full-time Energy Analyst, based in either our Sydney or Melbourne office. We’re an established company fresh to the Australian market, so this is your chance to help shape the growth of a young influential brand.
About the role
You’ll work on the creation of highly innovative and sustainable urban design, architectural and building services solutions, involving a mix of technologies. You’ll be responsible for reliable completion of energy and thermal comfort analysis and consulting work using whole-building energy modelling tools. You would assist with other aspects of Atelier Ten’s environmental design consulting work, including daylight and visual comfort analysis, healthy building strategy, resilient design, and carbon reduction consulting. You also will assist with aspects of managing projects.
Of course, we’ll encourage you to develop your own skills too, and work towards becoming a Senior Energy Analyst. We’ll also support your participation in professional and client organisations, teaching, and thought leadership activities.
In return for your expertise, enthusiasm and commitment, you get:
- A competitive salary
- Exciting project work with substantial project responsibilities
- Broad industry exposure
- A flexible work environment
- International work experience
- Excellent opportunities for career growth
- Extensive training opportunities
Perhaps most importantly, you’ll get the freedom to contribute ideas and play an active part in the design process. You’ll get to make a genuine personal difference, in a way that’s not always possible in a bigger corporate environment.
Who are you?
We’re looking for someone with at least 2 years of Australian experience in building energy modelling and performance consulting, or experience in a closely-related building-science focused design role.
You’ll be able to think beyond your own discipline, and you’ll be keen to contribute to collaborative problem-solving in an inter-disciplinary environment.
You’re proactive, self-motivated and comfortable taking responsibility across multiple projects. You get excited about learning new things and enjoy sharing your skills and knowledge across the company.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in a field related to environmental building design, architecture, building services engineering, and/or building science
- 2+ years’ professional experience with eQuest/DOE2, EnergyPlus, or IES in a in a sustainability consulting practice or related design firm
- Green Star AP
- Demonstrated graphic and verbal communication skills
- Appropriate work visa status
- Experience with some proficiency in other environmental analysis tools such as IES, EnergyPlus, Grasshopper, Ladybug/Honeybee and other building zoo apps, Radiance, or Daysim
- Experience as NABERS Assessor
If you’re a little bit artistic and a big bit technical, come and make a difference with us.
Please send a cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org and title your email ‘Energy Analyst Role’. No phone calls please.