Atelier Ten is looking for an experienced full-time Designer in our San Francisco office with a specialty in Energy Analysis. We’re an international environmental design consultancy creating high-performance buildings that give back to the wider environment.
About the role
As an energy analyst at Atelier Ten, you’ll work on a large range of awesome projects within the built environment ranging from buildings to masterplans. You will use analysis and your knowledge of building physics to inform the building’s façade, MEP systems, passive design, thermodynamics and advanced whole building energy analysis. You will use a suite of analytical and scripting tools such as IES-VE, eQuest, energy plus, python, and grasshopper. As an experienced energy analyst, you will provide leadership to the internal team by solving technical problems, developing internal workflows and quality control processes, and train others in aspects of energy analysis. We’re looking for a candidate with knowledge and previous expertise in analysis related to thermal comfort, data analysis, carbon emissions and utility incentive calculations. Lastly, you will develop internal tools and calculators to add to Atelier Ten’s library of in-house energy resources and tools.
We’re looking for someone who is proactive, self-motivated with an appreciation and willingness to work on multiple projects. You’ll work closely with our integrated design groups to support the full range of our services, which include environmental design consulting, daylight and façade analysis, lighting design and LEED program management. In return for your enthusiasm and commitment, we offer a competitive salary, exciting project work, broad industry experience, opportunities for career growth and involvement in the design process, and a flexible work environment. Perhaps most importantly, you’ll get the freedom to contribute ideas and play an active part in the design process. You’ll get to make a genuine personal difference, in a way that’s not always possible in a bigger corporate environment.
Qualified candidates ideally possess:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in a field related to building science, engineering or architecture with an application or work experience in HVAC design
- 2+ years professional work experience in energy analysis with any of the following platforms: eQUESt, IES-VE and /or EnergyPlus and have exposure to modeling to ASHRAE Standard 90.1, Standard 55 and 62.1 in various design stages
- Skilled in using excel spreadsheets or other similar tools and ability to develop powerpoint presentations and reports.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, and good inter-personal and time management skills.
- EIT, ASHRAE BEMP certification preferred.
- Programming and data processing skills are desired but optional.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume in .pdf format to email@example.com. Please reference “SF Energy Analyst” in your subject line and specify your preference for either SF. No phone calls, please.
Please visit our website at www.atelierten.com for additional firm information.