Atelier Ten is an international environmental design consultancy and lighting design firm creating high-performance, sustainable, award-winning buildings. Our projects give back to the wider environment, conserve resources and foster innovation.
About the role
Our New York City office has an immediate opening for a full-time Energy Analyst as part of our integrated team of environmental designers. As an energy analyst at Atelier Ten who has a love for architecture and building science, you will become an expert in building simulation and environmental design. You will use a suite of analytical and scripting tools such as IES-VE, eQuest, energy plus, python, and grasshopper to inform building design teams on strategies for energy conservation, carbon emissions reductions and net-zero building systems. This position includes energy analysis for new construction and existing buildings; understanding and leveraging utility costs and carbon emissions; thermal comfort modeling, providing HVAC system concept suggestions and comparisons, life cycle analysis, building controls sequences, measurement and verification; LEED, PassiveHouse, and LBC consulting; report writing, presenting results and diagramming recommendations.
You will be working with a team of sustainability experts with backgrounds in architecture, building science, engineering, environmental policy and lighting design. Your work environment will be highly collaborative and relies on excellent communication skills in both explaining technical project work and in conversing with a wide variety of project stakeholders. You will need to present results and recommendations from your analysis verbally, in written form, and in diagrams/graphics. Depending on your experience Atelier Ten will provide in-house resources for training.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Architectural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Architecture, Sustainable Building Design, or related field.
- Software: eQuest, IES-VE, and/or EnergyPlus; excel; grasshopper
- Proficiency in thermal heat transfer for building envelopes, HVAC systems understanding, and natural ventilation concepts
- Verbal and written fluency in English
Preference will be given to applicants with (in order of importance)
- 2+ years professional experience in performing LEED compliant whole building modeling for commercial buildings, multi-family high rise and institutional buildings
- Understanding and application of ASHRAE Standards 55, 62.1, 90.1, and 189; energy code compliance
- Component energy modeling
- ASHRAE BEMP certification
- PE in mechanical engineering
- HVAC systems design
- LEED AP+ specialty, WELL AP, Fitwel Ambassador, or similar
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume in .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “NY Energy Analyst” in your subject line. No phone calls, please.
For recent graduate applicants, please provide a course listing. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.