About Atelier Ten
Atelier Ten is an international environmental design consultancy and lighting design firm creating high-performance, sustainable, award-winning buildings. Our projects give back to the wider environment, conserve resources and foster innovation.
About the role
Our London office has an immediate opening for a full-time Energy Analyst as part of our integrated team of environmental designers. As an energy analyst who has a love for architecture and building science, Atelier Ten will foster the building simulation and environmental design expert in you. You will use a suite of analytical and scripting tools such as IES-VE, Rhino Grasshopper, Open Studio, Energy Plus and bespoke python-based tools to inform building designs and strategies development for energy savings, carbon emissions reductions, renewable energy generation, low-carbon building systems in design and operation.
This position requires you to conduct energy analysis for new and existing constructions across a range of international projects; including understanding and leveraging energy costs and carbon emissions amidst thermal comfort requirements. You will be familiar with HVAC system concept development and comparisons, life cycle carbon analysis, reviewing and inputting building energy metering and controls sequences, measurement, verification and other analyses related to planning, building regulation or certification.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Architectural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Architecture, Sustainable Building Design, or related field.
- Proficiency in building physics, thermal comfort, HVAC systems, and natural ventilation concepts
- Software: Excel; IES-VE ApacheHVAC, Rhino, EnergyPlus, Grasshopper
- 2+ years professional experience in performing Part L1A, L1B, L2A and L2B of the building regulations, SAP and NCM, GLA energy and sustainability policy and BREEAM (or LEED) compliant whole building modeling for commercial buildings, multi-family residential, mixed use and institutional buildings
- Verbal and written fluency in English
- Ability to communicate results and recommendations through written and visual mediums
Preference will be given to applicants with
- Understanding and application of NABERS UK DfP, PassivHaus, CIBSE Guides and Standards (such as Guide A, TM52, TM54. TM59, AM10, AM11) and/or ASHRAE Standards (55, 62.1, 90.1, and 189)
- Component detailed HVAC modelling (e.g. ApacheHVAC in IES VE)
- Additional skills in Design Builder, CFD analyses, python or VBA scripting are desirable
- HVAC systems design
- CIBSE LCEA Level 5, BREEAM AP or similar
- Chartership in mechanical engineering
If you have a broader range of skills and 5+ years of relevant experience in the industry, we will be interested in cultivating the leader in you and developing a role that aligns your skills with Atelier Ten’s ambitions and growth plans. Please include references to the following:
- Industry thought leadership (e.g. publications, talks, research etc.)
- Experience with team and project leadership (e.g. staff mentoring and professional development)
- Supportive roles in energy analysis, development of new tools, workflows and resource plans
What we offer
In return for your enthusiasm, expertise and commitment, you get:
- A competitive salary
- Benefits including private medical insurance
- Collegiate office environment in Shoreditch
- Broad variety in the work on offer
- Opportunities for career growth and support for professional development
You will be working with a team of sustainability experts with backgrounds in architecture, building science, engineering, environmental design policy and lighting design. Your work environment will be highly collaborative and rely on excellent communication skills in both explaining technical project work and in conversing with a wide variety of project stakeholders on a broad range of subjects. Atelier Ten will support your growth through in-house and external training and resources.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume as a pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Atelier Ten London Energy Analyst’ as your subject line.
Read our disclaimer for recruitment agencies here.