Looking to make the physical world a better place using your digital development skills? Atelier Ten is recruiting for a software engineering and coding expert – ideally one who likes buildings – to help us advance our data-driven design tools and methodologies.
About Atelier Ten
We are an international environmental design and engineering consultancy creating high-performance, sustainable, award-winning buildings and masterplans. Our projects give back to the wider environment, don’t waste resources and make people feel good.
You have a numerate degree and proven experience (even if only academic) in software engineering and programming. You have an interest in buildings and building physics, and you have a desire to help us improve the built environment. You want to make a measurable impact in the sustainable building industry by developing new ways of engineering, via data and innovative tools. You want to be in a position to push the limits of parametric design, environmental performance and BIM tools on a daily basis and you feel there are big opportunities out there to be explored. You relish trying to solve hard and often unique challenges within tight project delivery cycles. As good buildings come out of good relationships, you will be adept at working collaboratively with others.
About the role
This job is a full-time position at our head office in London. Responsibilities will include:
- Researching and developing new software tools and services for Atelier Ten’s consultancy offerings. This would be a mix of project-based work developing new and innovative ways of thinking about our design offerings and efficiencies in delivering them, alongside activities in looking at optimising the wider Atelier Ten functionality.
- Developing new capabilities in a variety of traditional, front-end and back-end programming languages such as C++, Python, Rhino Grasshopper, VB, Dynamo.
- Performing complex and bespoke building physics analyses (relating to energy, solar, water, waste and more) of various building typologies using specialised coding-enabled software tools.
- Leading the development, extension and integration of Atelier Ten’s computational analyses and operational support platforms.
- Applying industry standards and building codes to our workflows.
- Conducting research on advanced data-driven and building science topics, methodologies and tools.
- Authoring conference papers, white papers and blog posts on building science and data-driven design.
To be considered for the job, you should be able to demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Academic excellence or a minimum of two years demonstrable professional experience with noted programming languages.
- A numerate degree.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
The following qualifications are not required but will help your application stand out from the crowd:
- Knowledge and understanding of building science/physics and/or building services engineering.
- Degree level qualification in architecture or building engineering alongside degree qualifications in computer science.
- Understanding of and flexibility to work within a number of computational environments, platforms and languages.
- Experience of or exposure to building services and sustainable building design work.
- Experience working with APIs (application programming interface) for REVIT.
Please send us your CV along with a cover letter to Priyanka Sharma at firstname.lastname@example.org. Including work samples or a portfolio in your application is desirable, but not essential.
Read our disclaimer for recruitment agencies here.