Design Staff, San Francisco
Who are we?
Thank you for asking! Kindness and curiosity are some of Atelier Ten’s core tenets.
We are a team of environmental and lighting designers championing for a healthier planet leveraging our vast, collective knowledge of sustainable spaces. We help bring beauty and efficiency to every building, because like Maybelline, not all buildings are “born with it.” We work with architects, engineers, owners, and other stakeholders to accomplish their sustainability, wellness, functionality, and visual goals. We don’t just follow the trends of the industry, we trailblaze new paths to create high performance, sustainable, and award-winning buildings.
What is this role on a high level?
Let’s take a moment to see the overview of the role before we get into the nitty gritty.
We want you to be Atelier Ten San Francisco’s newest full-time Design Staff. In this role you will work within your project team to analyze design options and make recommendations on daylighting, energy systems, water use, thermal comfort, occupant health, sustainable materials, and more. You’ll also work on LEED program administration, which includes analyzing feasibility of specific credits as well as managing the overall documentation process.
What your day-to-day looks like
Days at Atelier Ten are filled with a large variety of project types from offices, labs to large masterplans. We promise to keep you challenged and never bored. Here are some regular tasks you may encounter:
- Authoring project deliverables such as reports, memos, and technical reports.
- Creating graphic illustrations, drawing from our various technical practices
- Client communication
- Partnering with Atelier Ten’s technical analysis teams to support your projects
- Work on multiple types of projects within the built environment ranging from institutional to commercial to residential building projects as well as large scale masterplans.
- Collaborate with Atelier Ten’s integrated design groups to support the full range of our services, which include environmental design consulting, daylight and façade analysis, lighting design and benchmarking.
What we are looking for
Hopefully you’re on board so far and excited about what your days at Atelier will look like. We do have a few items on our wish list for you to become the next great Atelier Tenner. We are looking for someone who is curious, proactive, self-motivated with an appreciation and willingness to learn on multiple projects. And if we’re not pushing our luck with asks, you ideally will possess:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in a field related to environmental building design, architecture, architectural engineering, and/ or building science
- 0-4 years’ professional experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign), and Rhino
- In addition, skills in software such as “R,” Grasshopper, Radiance, Revit, eQuest, EnergyPlus, IES, D3, or data visualization would be desirable
- Demonstrated skills in computer and hand drafting, and sketching proficiency in written and spoken English, and good verbal, inter-personal and writing skills
- Experience with LEED or sustainable design is a plus
What to expect from us?
- Competitive salary
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Flexible / hybrid work schedule
- Emphasis on work life balance
- 401k matching program
- Highly engaged coworkers with a shared hunger for knowledge
- Mutual respect and support from colleagues and leadership
- Paid Life and Disability insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer time
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Annual professional development funds
- Freedom to contribute ideas and make a personal difference that is not always possible in a large corporate environment
- Really good high-fives
Atelier Ten US seeks to compensate staff based on a variety of factors related to the role and the candidate. These factors include (but not limited to) the responsibilities, requirements, and location of the position, as well as the candidate’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. We also consider internal equity, market data, and growth potential. The good faith estimate of the base compensation offered for this role is between $55,000 and $75,000. This range does not include the value of Atelier Ten’s many benefit offerings. The compensation range may vary if the candidate is hired to work remotely from a location not listed for this role.
How to apply
Sadly, we no longer accept phone calls, award winning films, or interpretive dances as applications. But we will take the following:
- A cover letter and resume in .pdf format to USA.firstname.lastname@example.org. (Reference “SF Design Staff” in your subject line)
Visit our website at www.atelierten.com for additional firm information.