Atelier Ten is looking for a full-time Design Staff person to join our San Francisco office. We’re an international environmental design consultancy creating high-performance, sustainable, award-winning buildings. Buildings that give back to the wider environment, don’t waste resources and make people feel good. You’ll work on the creation of highly innovative and sustainable urban design and architectural solutions, involving a mix of technologies.
As a Design Staff member, you’ll support project managers on technical deliverables for awesome projects and coordinate with the client, architect, and other members of the design team as needed. Design Staff work with interdisciplinary consulting teams on research, analysis, and technical writing on topics including daylighting, energy and water use, sustainable materials, and more on a wide variety of project types. You’ll also work on LEED program administration and manage aspects of individual projects including responsibility for selected deliverables.
We’re looking for someone who is proactive, self-motivated with an appreciation and willingness to learn on multiple projects. In return for your enthusiasm and commitment, we offer a competitive salary, exciting project work, broad industry experience, opportunities for career growth and involvement in the design process, and a flexible work environment. Perhaps most importantly, you’ll get the freedom to contribute ideas and play an active part in the design process. You’ll get to make a genuine personal difference, in a way that’s not always possible in a bigger corporate environment.
Qualified candidates ideally possess:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in a field related to environmental building design, architecture, architectural engineering, and/ or building science
- 0-4 years’ professional experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign), and Rhino
- In addition, skills in software such as “R,” Grasshopper, Radiance, Revit, eQuest, EnergyPlus, IES, D3, or data visualization would be desirable
- Demonstrated skills in computer and hand drafting, and sketching proficiency in written and spoken English, and good verbal, inter-personal and writing skills
- Experience with LEED or sustainable design is a plus
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume in .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “SF Design Staff” in your subject line. No phone calls, please.