Atelier Ten is an international environmental design consultancy and lighting design firm creating high-performance, sustainable, award-winning buildings. Our projects give back to the wider environment, don’t waste resources and make people feel good.
About the role
Our New York office is looking to recruit full-time Design Staff to support benchmarking projects attempting LEED, Living Building Challenge, SITES and/or Fitwel and WELL certifications. In supporting internal project teams, your primary role includes completing quantitative calculations, interpreting benchmarking requirements, research, document management, completing benchmarking documentation, reviewing submittals, etc. You may manage aspects of individual projects including responsibility for selected deliverables, based on experience and capability.
We seek someone who can think beyond their own discipline and is willing to contribute to collaborative problem solving in a multi-disciplinary environment. You will be proactive and self-motivated with an appreciation and willingness to learn on multiple projects. In return, we offer a competitive salary, opportunities for career growth and involvement in the design process with the freedom to contribute ideas and make a clear personal difference, not always possible in a big corporate environment.
Qualified candidates will possess
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in a field related to environmental building design, architecture, architectural engineering, construction and/or building science
- 1-4 years’ professional experience; LEED or other benchmarking certification preferable
- Experience with LEED BD+C and ID+C projects strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Word
- Strong technical writing skills
- Good verbal and inter-personal ability
- Experience with AutoCAD, Rhino or graphics software (Adobe Illustrator and InDesign) a plus
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume in PDF format to email@example.com. Please reference “NY Design Staff – Benchmarking” in your subject line. No phone calls, please.