Atelier Ten Sydney are recruiting for a full-time Associate. We’re an international environmental design consultancy creating high-performance, sustainable, award-winning buildings. Buildings that give back to the wider environment, don’t waste resources and make people feel good.
We’re an established company fresh to the Australian market, so this is your chance to help shape the growth of a young influential brand. You’ll work on the creation of highly innovative and sustainable urban design, architectural and building services solutions, involving a mix of technologies. You’ll manage and consult on major projects under the guidance of the Company Director, and take the lead on smaller ones.
As an Associate, you’ll be a member of our management team. As well as managing awesome projects and serving as a technical expert, you’ll also lead our Sydney project delivery group and help junior staff to develop technically and professionally. Of course we’ll encourage you to develop your own skills too, and work towards becoming an Associate Director. We’ll support your participation in professional and client organisations, teaching, and thought leadership activities.
What we offer
In return for your expertise, enthusiasm and commitment, you get:
- A competitive salary
- Exciting project work with substantial project responsibilities
- Broad industry exposure
- A flexible work environment and international work experience
- Excellent opportunities for career growth
- Extensive training opportunities
Perhaps most importantly, you’ll get the freedom to contribute ideas and play an active part in the design process. You’ll get to make a genuine personal difference, in a way that’s not always possible in a bigger corporate environment.
We’re looking for someone with at least 8 years of Australian consulting experience in ESD, building science or a closely-related building design field.
You’ll be able to think beyond your own discipline, and be keen to contribute to collaborative problem-solving in an inter-disciplinary environment.
You’re proactive, self-motivated and comfortable taking responsibility across multiple projects. You get excited about learning new things and enjoy sharing your skills and knowledge across the company.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in a field related to environmental building design, architecture, building services engineering, and/or building science
- 8+ years’ professional experience in a sustainability consulting practice or related design firm
- 3+ years’ supervisory experience
- Project leadership and client management experience
- Green Star AP
- Demonstrated graphic and verbal communication skills
- Established speaking, publishing, and/or teaching background
- Appropriate work visa status
- Experience with some proficiency in environmental analysis tools such as IES, EnergyPlus, Grasshopper, Ladybug/Honeybee and other building zoo apps, Radiance, and Daysim
- Experience as NABERS Assessor
If you’re a little bit artistic and a big bit technical, come and make a difference with us.
Please send a cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org and title your email ‘Sydney Associate Role’. No phone calls please.