Associate Electrical Engineer, London
We’re an innovative multidisciplinary firm of building services engineers, environmental design consultants and lighting designers focused on delivering high-quality, award-winning building services and sustainable design within the built environment sector.
About the role
As a member of the Engineering team, you will report to an Associate Director. You will be responsible for leading and maintaining a wide range of projects and/or providing specialist knowledge to other projects/teams. Using industry benchmarks and internal standards, you will ensure not only the timely delivery of considered and accurate project information but also provide a leading point of contact between Atelier Ten and our clients/collaborators. The incumbent will be expected to undertake an element of business development, leveraging key contacts to secure new or additional work for Atelier Ten whenever possible. You will also be encouraged to secure external speaking/CPD opportunities. You will also be responsible for upholding the integrity of ISO 14001, directing, leading and co-ordinating the internal efforts of junior staff across Atelier Ten, providing appropriate frameworks and tools, agreeing appropriate standards and co-ordinating delivery against these standards.
- Demonstrate considerable specialist knowledge in electrical engineering with awareness and understanding of other engineering disciplines.
- Demonstrate an empathy with Atelier Ten’s approach.
- Committed to the development of high-quality, high-performance and sustainable buildings via the appropriate technical standards, costs and programme.
- As an experienced engineer, take lead responsibility for co-ordination between the disciplines within the office and to external consultants.
- Deliver technical solutions in accordance with client brief.
- To advise and ensure junior/graduate engineers are given proper development goals and mentoring.
- Liaise with client, architect and other members of the design team with clarity, confidence and authority.
- Manage project budgets.
- Organise junior staff and CAD staff to achieve engineered solutions within agreed time scales.
- Maintain project overview: explain the status of relevant section of a project at any time.
- Be aware of both our fee agreement and the contractual relationships on the project.
- Be aware of overall project financial status.
- Assist Associate/Director in the production of fee proposals including additional services and fees.
- Mentor junior staff.
- Appreciate and assist in the need to generate business.
- Report any feedback or issues concerning the project and address accordingly.
- Foster positive relationships with clients and other members of the design team.
- Undertake an element of business development, leveraging key contacts to secure new or additional work for Atelier Ten whenever possible.
- Committed to CPD in all areas.
What we offer
In return for your enthusiasm and commitment, you get:
- A competitive salary.
- Exciting and varied day to day work as part of a team.
- A flexible work environment.
- Excellent opportunities for career growth.
- Extensive training opportunities.
Who are you?
We’re looking for someone who has experience working in a fast-paced office environment with the ability to manage multiple deadlines and work as part of a team as well as having the initiative to work under limited supervision. You’re proactive, self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills and comfortable working with colleagues on all levels.
Qualifications and skills
- Minimum 2.1 degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Considerable proven track record of successfully co-ordinating and delivering projects within the public and private sector.
- Good understanding of contractual procedures.
- Solid experience in electrical design.
- Extensive proven track record of engaging and negotiating with senior management and peers on projects.
- Proven track record of engaging with and influencing peers outside of formal management relationships.
- Proven track record of a commitment to and effective implementation of consistent standards and metrics.
- Extensive practical knowledge of managing project teams coupled with the understanding to select frameworks/tools that are appropriate to particular circumstances.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Ability to prioritise and to think strategically about the timing and way of delivering project information.
- Ability to identify project resource requirements.
- Strong people-management skills.
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Strong writing skills for producing written reports.
- Effective IT skills for producing material.
Please send a cover letter and your CV in PDF format to email@example.com
Atelier Ten reserves the right to alter the content of this job description to reflect changes to the job, without altering the general character or level of responsibility.