Atelier Ten’s New York City Lighting Design Studio is seeking a full-time Associate Director to lead lighting design projects. We encourage the design of highly creative, innovative and sustainable solutions for our projects and provide world-class service to our clients.
As a member of the senior management team, the Associate Director (AD) will be responsible for or share responsibility for managing and developing the firm’s Lighting Design Practice, overseeing at minimum: project delivery, business development, and financial profitability.
- Serve as Project Principal ensuring timely delivery of considered and accurate project information within budget; acting as a senior point of contact for contracts and key design and project management decisions; and enhancing Atelier Ten’s relationship with clients and other key team members.
- Write and negotiate fee proposals with signing authority over project contracts.
- Resolve internal and external issues concerning projects, authorizing follow-up actions/procedures when necessary.
- Provide high-level technical assistance to project managers as necessary.
- Represent the firm at conferences, client office talks, project interviews, and other industry events.
- Maintain client and design community relationships.
You will be proactive and self-motivated with an appreciation and willingness to learn on multiple projects. In return, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and opportunities for career growth while working on interesting projects.
Qualifications and requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a field related to lighting design
- 8+ years’ experience as a professional lighting designer, with marketing and business management responsibilities preferred
- 5+ years supervisory experience
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead a team of consultants and nurture client relationships
- Established speaking, published, and/or teaching background
- IALD, LEED, and/or WELL accreditation preferred
Interested candidates should submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “NYC Associate Director” in your subject line. No phone calls or portfolios please.
Please visit our website at www.atelierten.com for additional firm information.